Joseph Leonard, Jr., MEP, PCP, CEM CHS-V
Cmdr. USGC Joseph J. Leonard, Jr., MEP. PCP, CEM, CHS-V (Ret.) is a senior consultant offering a full-range of response expertise. Mr. Leonard has a Masters in Engineering Technology from Murray State University and is a Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP), Professional Continuity Practitioner (PCP), Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), Certified Homeland Security Level V (CHS-V) and is currently pursuing certification as Certified in Disaster Preparedness, Certified Protection Professional, Certified Hazardous, Materials Manager, Certified Port Executive, Project Management Professional, and Master Continuity Professional.
Mr. Leonard formed and later served as the Planning Section Chief/Deputy Incident Commander of the Coast Guard’s only Type-1 Incident Management Assistance Team. He is a FEMA-certified Master Exercise Practitioner who chaired the Houston Regional Joint Training and Exercise Subcommittee for over 16 years. Among his many military awards and decoration, he has received four Meritorious Service Medals, 8 USGC Commendation Medals, and 7 USGC Achievement Medals to name a few.
As a trainer of trainers, Mr. Leonard has specialized training in the following, but not limited to: HAZMAT, Emergency Response to Terrorism, Advance Marine Firefighting, Incident Safety Officer, NIMS Incident Commander, Planning Section Chief, Operations Section Chief, Emergency Management, and Community Hurricane Preparedness.
Masters, Engineering Technology, Murray State University, Murray, KY
Bachelor of Arts, History, Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, VA
- Emergency Response to Terrorism Train the Trainer Course (DOJ)
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operation/Awareness Instructor (CSTI)
- State of Texas Intermediate Volunteer Firefighter, Basic Wildland Firefighter
- Certification Coordinator, and Level II Firefighting Instructor
- Advanced Marine Firefighting, Passenger Train Emergency Response
- Firefighting III and IV, and Rescue Concepts I (Texas Engineering Extension Service/TEEX)
- Incident Safety Officer, Managing Company Tactics, Leadership III, and Building Construction (NFA)
- Exercise Design, Development, and Implementation (Houston LEPC)
- Master Exercise Practitioner, FEMA Professional Development Series, Community Hurricane Preparedness, Introduction to Hurricane Planning, and Debris Management Course (FEMA/EMI)
- Basic Emergency Management, Principles of Emergency Management
- Emergency Planning Exercise Controller/Simulator, and Exercise Evaluator (Texas Division of Emergency Management)
- Defense Support of Civil Authorities Phase 1 and Phase 2 (NORTHCOM/US Army)
- NIMS Incident Commander, Planning Section Chief, Operations Section Chief, Division/Group Supervisor, and Task Force/Strike Team Leader Courses, NIMS Introductory Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced ICS (Assorted)
- Type-2 Incident Commander, Type-1 Planning Section Chief, Type-2 Operations Section Chief, Federal On-Scene Coordinator, Marine Firefighting Coordinator, Emergency Preparedness Officer, Pollution Investigator/Responder, and Contracting Officer (US Coast Guard)